6 ways to improve and protect your vision
Harvard Health Publishing mentions six ways to improve and protect your vision:
1. Get regular eye exams — every two years before age 70 and yearly after that.
2. Control underlying conditions — chronic health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can hurt your vision.
3. Eat a healthy diet — foods rich in antioxidants may cut the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
4. Stop smoking — Aside from genetics, smoking is the top risk factor for AMD and cataract progression.
5. Use eye drops — preservative-free artificial tears can make vision less blurry for those with dry eyes.
6. Use eye protection — when outdoors, wear sunglasses that filter ultraviolet (UV) rays, as prolonged exposure is associated with cataract formation and cancer on the eyelids.
Additionally, wearing safety glasses at home or at work, when needed, can protect against injury.
do you need a thorough eye check up?
Here at LIONS MEDICAL - EYE & LASER CENTRE, we have experienced optometrist and ophthalmologists plus a range of sophisticated equipment to diagnose and treat a wide range of eye ailments and vision impairment.
You can book an appointment at any one of our Executive Centres (in Town and in Nyali) or visit the General Clinic (in Town) to be served on first-come-first-served basis.
KES 2500/=* first visit
(No appointment required)
KES 300/=* per visit
*fees subject to change without notice